Mystery 2" diagonal

nightfisher

Can any one identify the make of this 2" diagonal, it is CNC machined and has a mirror quality of 1/8 with compression ring on the 2" barrel and low profile 1.25 adaptor, i bought it from Astroboot and it arrived in a plain black box with no makers tags to be seen any where

post-8850-0-79662300-1420886090_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-04963900-1420886143_thumb.jp

I've been looking at those for some time on Astroboot Jules - I'll be interested to see how it performs :smiley:

It looks well made for the price asked. The nearest I've seen to it is the TS one:

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p85_2--Zenitspiegel---91--Reflektion---Ringklemmung---2--Anschluss.html

But it's not exactly the same.

I've been looking at those for some time on Astroboot Jules - I'll be interested to see how it performs :smiley:

It looks well made for the price asked. The nearest I've seen to it is the TS one:

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p85_2--Zenitspiegel---91--Reflektion---Ringklemmung---2--Anschluss.html

But it's not exactly the same.

Jonh, its the very same one that AndyH has linked to, dont know when i will get to try it but the quality seems to be A1 in all area`s

Only one I can remember having a black annodised nosepiece is one offered for sale by Bill Vorce over on his ebay.com store. Don't know if it's an exact match?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231324155329?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Andy.

Andy, well done my friend, looks to be a perfect match, im sure my TAL100 will love its new 2" diagonal.....you did well to find a match

How is it for collimation?

It may be lazy, but I like a diagonal per scope. The ES diagonal with the 80mm Apo is spot on - turn the diagonal in the focuser (in that and the AR127L) and the laser spot barely moves on the front element. The Bresser 2" diagonal results in a spot that wanders like it is drunk. Of course, the well-performing ES is adjustable, but doesn't need it and the Bresser is the opposite.

At £30, this seems worth a punt to partner a £250 scope.

Russell

Mine turned up today. A very nice, solid lump of diagonal it is too. I especially like the low profile 1.25-2" adaptor. I'll investigate collimation tomorrow, as it's not quite there.

Of course, it's blowing an absolutely hooley at the mo, although I'm pretty sure that it'll look pretty much like any other diagonal. Mind you, for £30, it's a steal in material terms alone.

Russell

Archived