NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQMOD align tool not going to correct position.

I've recently bought an upgrade laptop and after a lot of faff managed to get it working, and controlling my EQ6 mount. 

The only problem is, when I use EQMOD to align, it moves the mount but not to the correct position. On the software I can see where the little Polaris circle within the larger circle should be positioned, but when the mount moves, it doesn't go to that position. Is this simply the aligner scope card (the bit you can remove and has the graphics of Polaris etc printed on it) not being in the correct orientation? 

It still works correctly with my old laptop, so it just a matter of totally forgetting about my old one, aligning with my new one and moving the alignment card to the position is should be, and then it will work? 

Sorry if I haven't explained myself very well, it's hard to do. Unfortunately I don't think pictures would be possible either, please ask if you would like me to re-expplain anything. 

Ok so should I start over again with the set up? I remember having to rotate so the little circle is pointing downwards for some reason, I'm re-watching some youtube videos on the initial setup. Hopefully that will help because I really didn't want to be moving the graphic around. I would have to get it central again, and that takes ages 

Archived