Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My First M31

Clockwork_Orange

Hi All

Not really done a lot of DSO imaging mainly planetary and lunar to date, so be gentle please. Started to capture at the end of November using canon 1000D unmodded on Megrez 72 at native F6 with a SW FF, with OAG via PHD1, Light pollution in Wolverhampton is pretty bad at times, so I used a CLS clip in filter on the Canon. Finally finished up with 63 10min subs at the end of December, down loaded the Pixinsight trial and have spent the last few day's with Harry's tutorials, (Tips hat to Ian, topman great Vid's). I calibrated in Pi with 50 bias and 20 flats (I think I need to have another go at the flats I'm sure I can see the material weave in the flats as I used a cotton shirt over the scope and I think the light I used was to strong either that or I need to double the shirt up again). decided to leave the darks out for now. Followed Harry's instructions and finally finished it off in Photoshop.

Got to say I've really enjoyed doing this and will be getting Pixinsight when the trial expires and also looking at getting a modded 1200D, guess I'm hooked. I look forward to any advice or critique on the attached, are 10min subs about right for this set up?.

I've had a Coma Corrector for the 130PDS for Christmas so weather permitting I'll have another go at this target with the 130PDS before I loose M31 behind trees sometime in Feb. 

Many Thanks and Regards

John

post-26295-0-91522200-1420151396_thumb.j

Well I've had another attempt at the stack, as Astro pointed out it did look a little green, I think this time it has come out slightly better, but maybe I think I should re stack with a new set of flats possibly as the flats used were looking a bit dodgy.  

post-26295-0-17366900-1420323871_thumb.j

Regards

John

Archived