NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eyepiece projection for Jupitor - Help please.

kroy

Hi,

Yesterday night I had a wonderful view of Jupiter and its moons for the first time. The red / brown bands were very clear and visible.

I used my Sky-watcher 200PDS on EQ5 mount and the regular 10mm eyepiece - will gave around 100X magnification (with 1000mm as my telescope's focal length).

I use Cannon 550D (not astro-modified) and I use this adapter with my T-ring for eye-piece projection photography 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Telescope-Camera-Eyepiece-Projection/dp/B00KQGV91W/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420067462&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=seben+projection+image

when I connected the eyepiece and the camera to the adapter it obviously increased the distance of the eyepiece and the camera sensor  from the telescope and however hard I tried I was not able to get a sharp and focused view of the planet.

Why can I do to click lovely pictures of this lovely planet.

Thanks

Roy

Hi Roy,

I am only guessing here but my thoughts are that the adapter would move the eypiece too far away from the focusser to be able  to get focus I do have the orion version of this which does work ok with a refractor.

It might be possible to get it to work using a barlow lens instead of an eyepiece but I feel the real solution is to get hold of an eyepiece that has a threaded section that can fit directly to the camera`s T adapter.

Alan

With projection, put the adapter in with the eyepiece you want to choose. Use your eye to refocus without the camera attached. Centre the object and then attach the camera gently via the t ring. The focus will be close.

If you can't achieve the first part, the second part won't work either. Tune you have to work out why. I have a very similar adapter to yours and they do a fine job if not giving much projection length. I also have the dozen which provides filter access and 120mm of projection distance.

Mike

Archived