Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

lego tracker wide field

i don't know if posting a link works.  this has had no noise reduction and is a single frame on a less than ideal evening, but i still cannot believe how much a camera can see...such excitement, even the California nebula makes an appearance

2 minute exposure on the homemade lego tracker f2.8, 16mm.  i will have a proper go at processing it when i have a moment

post-35728-0-80113700-1419939188_thumb.j

Nice image.RE the lego tracker: I'm afraid that it is a 'rule' :rolleyes: on SGL that any interesting gadgets mentioned on the forum must be fully explained (preferably with photos added), otherwise, due to the inquisitive nature of amateur astronomers most of us here will probably implode. :grin:

Steve

apologies about lack of info on lego tracker.  images are in my flickr stream.  i made it to try and photograph the supernova in the spring (i think) in M81 or 82.  all very random and amateur.   lego may be a slight exaggeration - some lego....a bit of wood and a central heating valve motor...shall we call it a bodge tracker?

post-35728-0-66740600-1419951149_thumb.jhere it is squeezed through GradX and a bit of a PS tweak.  I'm not sure i prefer it.  now that Im back in polluted sky I will have another go on the HEQ5 and see if I can do a better job despite the light if i have a clearer sky

Archived