NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Need lightweight case idea for 4-inch refractor from Expl Scien

Hi Everyone:

I would appreciate some help regarding a carrying case for an a 102mm Explore Scientific refractor I just bought. I bought the hard case along withe the telescope, but their combined weight ceases to make them a portable alternative. Does anyone else have any suggestions for a more lightweight option?? I have a sensitive back and this arrangement is just not viable. Are there lighter hard cases or carry bags that I can use for a telescope this size??

Thanks,

-Charles

Hi Charles,

I just had alook around, though not much help, have you considered a 'gig' or baggage/camping cart/trolley, http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/luggage-cart

I assume you are wanting something to take the strain off your back when moving it from 'A to B' rather than you carrying it from 'A to B'. :icon_salut:

My wife has an AR102 from ES that normally sits in a "gun rack" style hanger on the wall.  However, Orion has a complete line of durable carry bags in a wide range of sizes.  I got her one for her scope when we go to the desert.  I also have one that holds the OTA of my 10" Dob.

Give 'em a look... they're nice.

Clear, Dark Skies

Archived