Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PHD 2 Drift align

Earl

I have wasted 6 hours with this over the last two nights, and I have now finally worked out why so Id thought id share it.

Adjustments are made via the feedback from the RED line. get it as flat as possible.

PHD will take care of everything else so dont worry to much about the technicallitys of what your doing.

I await my next clear night to correct my errors.

I aim to get it pretty close while doing Azimuth again with altitude then repeate to refine. not spending too much time on the first runs as they are just to get it in the rough right area.

I have used it routinely Earl, given that I'm mobile in my set up, I find it very good and ...as you say, PhD does everything Barr physical movements of the mount.

You don't even have to select a star, except perhaps initially after calibration.

To really refine the pa though, it does need to be allowed to run for at least several minutes.

Ray

Earl, Like you I have tried to use PHD2 drift align the last few nights and was frustrated until I reread the instructions over a fresh caffettiera of coffee this morning and realised my mistake. You need to get the RED line flat in both directions.  For some reason I got into my head  I had to get the blue line flat in altitude .... DOOH !

Shame the moon is going to spoilt imaging for a while but I guess I should use the time get the PA drift alignment finally sorted.

Archived