Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PHD guiding problem

Spoon

Evening,

Got the HEQ5 out for the first time tonight. Went well until I tried to guide. got this error message. Any ideas? Picture isn't great I just realised. It says Ascom driver failed checking IsPulseGuiding, shouldn't be pulse guiding though as I set it to ST4 in eqmod.

Campost-22414-141866813319_thumb.jpg

On my HEQ5 Pro, I used an ST-4 cable, connected mount to guide camera (QHY5) so, can't really comment on your cable setup. Using PHD 1, you would select 'on-camera' fom the 'Mount' drop down list at the top.

Maybe others use a similar cable setup to you and will be able to advise accordingly?

If you are pulse guiding then you select 'Ascom' from the 'Mount' drop-down list in PHD. As far as I am aware, for ST-4 guiding you need a connection to your mounts ST-4 port.

Taken from the EQASCOm and Autoguiding Manual on Sourceforge:

"ST-4 Guiding

ST-4 guiding works using a hard wired interface from connecting you PC/switch box/guide camera to the mount's Autoguider Port. The interface consists of control lines (RA+ RA- DEC+ DEC-) to control each direction the mount can move. When the mount sees a signal on one of the control lines it starts to move in the associated direction at a fixed rate. In the absence of a guiding signal the RA axis will moved at whatever the tracking rate has been previously selected. The DEC axis will stop.The guiding application keep the mount tracking an object by monitoring the apparent movement of a guide star and using the ST4 control lines to either command the Ra and DEC axis to move faster or slower than their nominal tracking rate.For ST-4 guiding EQASCOM plays no active part in the guiding process. You can however set the rate at which each axis will move when the associated guiding signals are present"

Caveat: I am also new to EQMOD :)

Archived