Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M38 and Rosette 105mm

Getting really frustrated with sky conditions, it's becoming a waste of time and effort.

Have'nt had a really clear night this year and getting to the stage of giving in to our Rubbish skies.

Not to mention a neighbours darn security light thats triggered by their boiler vent.

Three poxy wood burners that foul the air.

Last night I could'nt be bother to stay out in the obsy, instead watched telly while the rig looked after itself. :grin:

Anyway rant over, here is what I caught, cannot be bothered to process to much as its not that good data.

M38 area, put 2hours of 300sec subs into this but ruined by passing misty cloud

Canon 60Da iso 1600 Sigma 105mm macro at f4.5

Thanks for looking

m36test.jpg

and

The Rosette Neb

Again ruined by misty cloud so only did 12 x 300secs

Canon 60Da iso 1600 Sigma 105mm macro at f4.5

rosefin.jpg

I think that they are lovely wide field images. You have my sympathy regarding the security lights. My next door neighbour has become an even a larger Doctor's surgery with 6 large security lights that come on as soon as a cat breaths and stay on for a couple of minutes. When I am imaging south ( can't do east or west ) these shine right into my scope. Sometimes I find it a relief that the clouds are permanently present as these lights really ruin my data and it would be pointless imaging.

Regards,

A.G

very nice widefield images despite the testing conditions. have you thought about planetary imaging? all you have to worry about is the seeing conditions, I have had a least 2-3 decent nights this year :grin:

I was nearly tempted when Jupiter appeared but at -4C I could'nt be bothered to try and change to a scope. :grin:

I think that they are lovely wide field images. You have my sympathy regarding the security lights. My next door neighbour has become an even a larger Doctor's surgery with 6 large security lights that come on as soon as a cat breaths and stay on for a couple of minutes. When I am imaging south ( can't do east or west ) these shine right into my scope. Sometimes I find it a relief that the clouds are permanently present as these lights really ruin my data and it would be pointless imaging.

Regards,

A.G

Thats not nice.

Although I don't get the light direct the school just across the road puts up a very bright light dome.

The new streetlights go out just after 1130pm but if there is any mist around the town lights, which stay on all night,

really light up the mist and low thin clouds.

Last year we had quite a few clear nights but so far this year there has been non.

I can deal with the light gradients in post but the 60Da cannot really go much beyond about 5minutes with this bright sky.

If the nights were really clear I know it could be pushed to 10minutes and that would make a huge difference at f3.8 and f4

for the camera lenses.

Archived