Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Whats best?....

Could anyone offer advise on which would be the best scope between a 200p eq5 or a 200p dobsonian? I ask because im thinking of selling my 250px and my newly aquired 150/750 eq3 and using the colatral to get a scope inbetween those two sizes! i do like the eq mount especially the idea of one day building a garden pier and home obsevatory. ive never quite got to grips with the nudging of the dob but the longer focal length is good for eps, but i love the slow controls of the eq mounts.... i honestly dont know what to do??? none of this will be happening this side of xmas, but i like to think and plan ahead. if it helps in advising my eps will eventually be the bst range. i get my first one, the 15mm for xmas. thanks to all in advance!!!!

ive just read another feed on here similar to my question. And all the replies on that feed answer all of my worries. so i reckon i will keep my 250px simply becaues the views with it are amazing and its great for hunting DSOs and scanning the skys. bot i shall just buy a 150pl OTA and mount it to the eq3 that i already have!!!! simples.

and i dont get to observe much because of work and home commitments. so my sessions outside are litrally opertune moments and my dob suits that purpose pefectly. plus... has anyone ever heard of a dob in an obsy? could it work? aslong as the base is raised high enough maybe?

and i dont get to observe much because of work and home commitments. so my sessions outside are litrally opertune moments and my dob suits that purpose pefectly. plus... has anyone ever heard of a dob in an obsy? could it work? aslong as the base is raised high enough maybe?

You can link a GoTo (Skywatcher Dob) to a PC, this would be linked to the Obby Dome to keep the slot in the right place with the Dob being moved by a wireless game pad, the Dob would then be set-up and aligned 24/7.....just moved to the Home Position at the end of every session...:)

After a chat with my better half, its now decided that im selling my 250px and down sizing to a 200p and moding  it up with the little cash that is left over from the sale of the bigger scope. the reason for this is that it will give us a little more space and the 200p is easier on eps, holds collimation better and is easier to transport to dark sites and with not a lot of loss to light gathering capability. I believe the 200p will show about 95-98% of what the 205px shows? I personally can live with that because of my limited time actually outside. and im going to sell my generic 150/750 on eq3 aswell and if at a later date I decide to try AP then I will buy another scope then, but at the moment that's not on the cards. what do you all think to the updated plan???

Archived