Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Circle T 25mm eyepiece's

rikroe666

Last week i decided to buy a couple of 25mm circle T eyepiece's to use with my bino's , the second one i bought turned up today but they are different  :icon_scratch:

Does anyone know why they have two different size's and why?

Oooh and if anyone as one of the two they would like to swap so i can make a pair that would be smashing? :grin:

post-28948-0-42921200-1417898102.jpg

post-28948-0-31651600-1417898105.jpg

There are some other orthoscopic types that use a longer body for the same focal length optics, eg: Fujiyama and Astro Hutech. My guess is that the one with the longer black body focuses at a different position from the one with the shorter body, probably with the latter one needing a bit more outward focuser movement to come to sharp focus.

The company that made these made them for sale under a number of different brand names such as Celestron, University Optics, Telescope House, Orion (USA), Edmund Optical, etc, etc. It's possible that one of these brands specified a longer body and the manufacturer sold off those that were surplus to requirements with no branding on them, other than the "Circle T" sticker.

Archived