Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher handset broken

bomberbaz

Hi all. As it says, slight problem with my handset in that the right direction button isnt responding. Up, down and left, fine no issues but the right has been playing up fr a while now and has finally packed in.

I managed tonight ok my doing a little pushing but it is far from a perfect remedy so choices are do nothing,, buy a replacement or see if I can have it repaired.

I favour the latter first as I do not think a replacement will come cheap unless someone can tell me different. Anyway, repairs. Who would be a good person/company to approach with this one. Personally I reckon it is simply the button that is goosed but I don't really do electrics, fear of the unknown and all that so I would prefer someone else to give it a whirl. Any ideas guys n gals?

There is a v3 handset on Astroboot £70

Thanks Peter but if this one is beggared I think I will buy a new one. I know in general us Astronomers look after our stuff but I am not the most brilliant with electronics and don't want to have to start messing around with things.

A V3 would need flashing I think and having read up on this, don't think my current pc would handle this. I have already enquired to FLO who would be able to assist with this making it a case of simply plug n go.

Thanks all the same.

Steve    :smiley:

Archived