Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dedicated Astrophotography Setup

Hi all,

I'm looking to save for a dedicated photgraphy setup for DSO's and wondered if anyone had any advice on what I should be aiming for or any recommendations. Budget will be £1 - 1.2k just for the mount and scope. At the momment I'm looking at either a EQ6 SynScan or a CG5-GT and a 10 inch reflector (F5 ish).

Main questions im asking myself are is the EQ6 worth the extra £3-400 and would I get better results with another type of scope?

Its' sole use would pretty much be for photograhing DSO's so no eyepieces etc needed.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Cheers,

Theinvoker

I'll be using a 350D initially, then look for a CCD when I win the lottery. It's gotta be my turn for the jackpot soon :afro:

A guide scope is also on the cards, but when I get one depends on how much the main setup costs.

So many shiney things to choose from :hello1:

but be careful which Reflector your choosing as not all will come to focus with a DSLR.

Yeah I get that problem with my current scope its a right pain. DSO's can be done with a barlow, but taking lunar shots etc would mean some major fiddling with it to get focus :afro:

Can anyone recommend a good OTA for DSO's? I was looking at the Skywatcher Explorer 250PX (or 300 funds allowing), but im a relative beginner in terms of photos, so maybe barking up the wrong tree to get the best quality shots possible.

Archived