NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

iPhone - red light case

Stu

Just a very simple one this. Last year on holiday I bought a waterproof case for my phone from a garage. £7.99 I think it was, just made from plastic and with inflatable pockets to keep it afloat if dropped in water.

I was thinking of a simple way to make my iPhone more useable when observing properly, so popped a piece of Rubylith into the case having cut it to size.

It does a perfect job of reducing the brightness, combined with running SkySafari in night mode and turning the phone brightness right down, infact it was tricky to see so should be perfect once dark adapted. This will allow me to use SkyFi control on my mount whilst maintaining dark adaptation.

The case obviously also keeps dew and other moisture off the phone, so all in all quite handy.

Charging is the only issue, but I do have a small battery pack which would slip in behind the phone to charge it from whilst still being able to close the case.

941cff8848ba314e346d0ec656e0aa34.jpg

8269b713e5fb7583f6dc3cb70837644e.jpg

7cf0f40f1fc1666dc53d26cd4bfa6b77.jpg

You guessed it, cloudy again ;-)

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived