Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flat Field Test

Nicho

Hi

Ive recently purchased a quattro 8s and as this is my first refllector scope.  I have gone through the fun of collimating and think ? its about right ..the trouble is the cloud and rain isnt helping much and have so far only had one chance of about 30 mins to set all my equipment up ,and take this out of focus 10 second shot . The reason being only a 10 second shot and out of focus was a big brooding cloud came in and nearly caught me out ! :( whilst i was trying to get focus .

i'm using a Baader mark 3 coma corrector with a m42 connection to my cannon 1100 and a IPAS P2 Filter screwed on the front end of the Coma Corrector. ( i have a m48 cannon dslr connector but have no clue how to connect it to the Mark3 CC  as there looks like there is on a m42 T2 connection camera end ).

I need help with the picture im posting here , what is going wrong at the edges ? is it because im usuing a small adater m42 instead of a m48 ? Or is it my collimating ?

Many thanks

Nick

post-12851-0-80252200-1415908413_thumb.j

ps.. im starting to like this photo is looks like a load of jellyfish in the deep .

Hi,

The collimating does not look too bad, I think the problem at the edges maybe the distance between CC and the imaging sensor, as this distance is quite critical, a picture of your imaging train may help people give you a more definitive answer.

Regards

:) :)

SS

Hi Skysurfer

The t ring connector i use is 11 mm + 44 for the camera so the distance should be spot on, but i think using a m42 connector over a m48 "maybe " be causing me the problem . I'm unsure tbh

Nick

Archived