Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Trouble connecting mount to PHD guiding.

lohrphoto

Hi Everyone,  
I just bought a used Meade LXD75 mount and am trying to connect it to my guidescope.  In PHD Guiding 1 & 2 (i've tried both) I can connect a Meade DSI Camera but when it comes to connecting the scope I keep getting a message saying "ASCOM driver does not support the pulse guiding method"  I've tried uninstalling the most recent version of ASCOM for earlier versions to see if they might work with my older mount, but to no success.  I read that ASCOM platform 4.1 works well with the LXD75 but I can't find the download anywhere.  

Can someone help me find a link to that download, or if you have other suggestions on what might be going on I would appreciate it!  

I have a EQ3 PRO bought from FLO a fortnight ago and although I have downloaded the correct driver for it (Celestron)

I too get that message and similar ones re ASCOM error.

Not only that, but I have a laptop running XP and another W8.  Both refuse to run PHD.

The tiny PHD window that comes up for manual control at the start works OK but the main menu manual control

gets ASCON driver errors, as do any further attempt to run PHD.

I have installed and re installed ASCOM platform but still the same. 

When I use a GPUSB with ST4 all runs OK.

If you are trying to install on Windows 8.0\8.1, you will need to re-boot into a mode that will allow to install un-signed drivers. Follow the procedure outlined in http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Julian

If you are trying to install on Windows 8.0\8.1, you will need to re-boot into a mode that will allow to install un-signed drivers. Follow the procedure outlined in http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Julian

Hi Julian, 

I guess I should have mentioned - the laptop I am using is running Windows Vista

Hi,

Not only do you need to install Ascom, but also the Meade Autostar driver from the mount section in the downloads on Ascom site, then in that driver you need to check the box that says to,use pulse guiding, if your mount does not support PG then untick, that same box, but my meade scope is 13 years old at least, and mine works with PG and the latest version of Ascom 6.2 I think, and the lates meade mount driver version 5.4 I think that one is.

Hope that helps

:)

SS

Archived