Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Budget Starter Telescope?

Thanks again for your quick replies, you've made my mind up for me, going to go for the telescope.

Yeah Ronin, it is the one in Mold, messaged him and said he'd be happy for me to arrange a courier.

So hopefully win the auction, if not few more listed.

Thank you all so much, I will come back when finally bought something and let you all know  :grin:  :grin:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey great :)

Just so you know as I have done a search there is no centre spot on the primary mirror on your telescope so collimation would (if needed) be different to what is often posted. So don't rush out to buy anything extra like a collimation cap or cheshire until someone in the know for your telescope can add advice.

It is very likely to be all fine straight out of the box and could leave it for your son to find out and then come ask if he needs help.

You'll need star charts to find things in the sky. On the net Stellarium is free. I'd recommend printing paper copies off to use at night because dark adaptation is vitally important. Use a red light to look at paper charts. If you'd like to do some homework in order to help your son at night then a copy of Turn Left at Orion would be great. There will also be an astronomical society near you. Here's a list; http://fedastro.org.uk/fas/members/  Most are very friendly.

Olly

Archived