Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

[Problem] Loosen R.A. setting circle, Skywatcher Eq3-2

Juan Carlos

Hello:

I have a problem with the R.A. axis setting circle in my mount (SW EQ 3-2). Maybe it's because I don't use it correctly, although I have read the instructions several times, and I fear it's something that does not work well. If you could help me I would be very grateful.

When I unlock the R.A. axis, there is a screw that can fix the setting circle. This screw works fine. The problem is that when I rotate the telescope in R.A. movement back and forth, sometimes the scale rotates correctly and sometimes rotate "loose", and here come and inaccuracies that can reach several hours. I tried with and without the metal cap that brings (which I do not know what it is for exactly). I have also tried to leave the screw loose. I've tried everything and can not get the setting circle reading gradual and proportional to the rotation axis values without getting fixed in a few moments.

Any advice will be wellcomed!

Thank you and best regards!

Yeah, I've got an EQ5 and the RA setting circle's rubbish too - pretty much the kind of problems you describe Juan. To be honest the diameter of these setting circles are much too small to be accurate anyway, but it'd be nice if they worked.

James

• 2 months later...

Archived