NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

what the difference?

hi once again, I want another scope & i have been looking at S/W explorer 130p  but i also seen the  same scope without the P could anyone tell me the difference  and which is the better one  thanks for looking

The one with the P has a parabolic mirror, the one without is a spherical mirror.

If I recall the 130 is about f/7 and that may be a bit too short to not have the parabolic mirror.

The 130P will be f/5 and so needs the collimation to be checked and tweeked on a regular basis.

The 130P is likely the better bet overall.

thanks ronin, just had a look & yes it is f7 the reason why i was asking is because  the Moon & other planets are usally at the front of the house & i was going to buy another scope that i could take on the field and do a bit of planetary imaging also M42 is at the front  thanks for the reply

thanks ronin, just had a look & yes it is f7 the reason why i was asking is because  the Moon & other planets are usally at the front of the house & i was going to buy another scope that i could take on the field and do a bit of planetary imaging also M42 is at the front  thanks for the reply

Hi

If you want to do any imaging with a dslr at prime focus then the 130pds is more suitable :)

Louise

Hi

If you want to do any imaging with a dslr at prime focus then the 130pds is more suitable :)

Louise

Yes Louise is correct, people have had loads of problems trying to get focus with a 130P. Generally you need to mod the scope by moving the mirror up the tube to achieve focus with a DSLR. Definitely go for a 130PDs if you want to do imaging.

Ian

Archived