Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Attaching camera to Skywatcher Startravel 120

Hi all,

I have just bought my first telescope through Ebay: a Skywatcher Startravel 120. I will be using this primarily for imaging. I realise that there will be CA, but I view this scope as a "learner" scope. When I can get things set up correctly, track properly (I already have an EQ5 goto which I have been using with my camera's prime lenses), and produce reasonable image, I will consider moving up to an apo.

However, I deviate. From everything I can read about this scope, it says it has a '2" rack & pinion focuser with 1.25" and T2 adaptions'. Does this mean that I just need to buy a Nikon T2 adapter? I'm not sure what the difference is between a T2 adapter and a T ring adapter. The same thing?

I can't wait to try this out, and will post some images if the clear skies continue.

Kind regards

Richard

You will need some extension tubes, this is a ST-80, the silver bit is the end of the focuser tube, the black bits are extension tube, the Lodestar sensor is about 1" to the right of the yellow cable tye, this is where your DSLR sensor will need to be.....

DSC_0190.jpg

I ended up buying a basic T2 adapter. On the scope, I take off the diagonal and I can then screw the T2 adapter directly onto the part (not sure what it's called) that then attaches to the scope. This send to work fine. It focuses with no problem.

Archived