SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Star adventurer

gary1968

Howdy, finally I managed to get my SA out last night. Pitty the moon was so bright but with the weather the way it has been lately beggars cant be choosers.....

Anyway, Orion wide field, Modded 450d, cls clip, EF50mm unguided SA. 30x2min subs. Gonna have to do this again, slightly longer subs and no moon around. Zoomed in I cant see any trailing, this was slightly cropped to get rid of trees in bottom.

Anyway, C&C welcome as usual.

16140743732_e8d2c610df_s.jpgorion 281214 by gaz-anderson, on Flickr

Thanks,

Gaz

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd image from the little star adventurer. I think I have managed processing a bit better on this one. This is only made up of 10 subs from the 30 I took as the lens dewed up.
There is a bit of milkyway coming through, I think.
I think this little mount is going to do quite well once I get to grips with focusing and get a dew prevention system going. I might even have a go at guiding it if I can get a hold of a little netbook with a good battery.
Anyway, here it is.............

16124827086_57b639404c_q.jpgcassiopia wide field 281214 by gaz-anderson, on Flickr

Gaz

Am thinki9ng of buying a SA, but am confused as to which bundle to buy,  I have a sturdy camery tripod (the ravelli) and also a good ball head mount for that, but am confused with what I need for the SA,  will be using a dslr (1100d) unmodded, and at the moment a 300mm lens at the most, (that's may change as I have a thing about buying old but good lenses if the price is right)

Leigh

I would think the only thing you can manage without is the dovetail L bracket, about £30.00, you can fit a ball head on the supplied round dovetail. I would just get the complete kit then you have more flexibility.

Dave

I've now been using mine a few times, and I do like it a lot.

It's used purely here from my window ledge.

IMG_2031_640.JPG

Obviously mounted on the other side ;)

It takes less than 2 min to install, the polar alignment is kept true every time.

And I have also received a new lens, a Rokkor 200mm f4.5 which on my macro 4/3 Gf1 will be the equivalent of a 400mm .... will be testing this soon.

Archived