Problem with EQMOD

Dear friends I would ask for your help. For 2 days now I try to control my telescope with  EQMOD without success and now I am getting desperate. 

The mount is NEQ6 Pro. I have installed in my computer ASCOM Platform 6 and EQMOD. The connection is as follows: USB / Serial Adapter, the cable that came together  with the mount COM/RJ-11, Synscan, mount. 

Although the cable is connected to Port 3 of the computer, when I run EQASCOM toolbox the port cannot be found automatically (although the computer seems to spend a few seconds on COM3  before scanning all ports). When I enter the port number manually and try to connect I get the message: Connect error: timeout. 

With Stellarium and its telescope control plugin I can control the mount with the same connection setup without problem. 

When I try to run alignmaster I get an error message from ASCOM. 

I have read in older posts of the forum that I need to set the  synscan to PC Direct mode, however I do not know how this can be done. The display of Synscan shows always the opening screen with the version number, 3.28, and in its menu I cannot find anything relevant. 

Any help will be much appreciated. 

Astroexplorer

Hi Astroexplorer,

I have an NEQ6 and use Stellarium scope/Stellarium to control the mount but I have dispensed with the hand controller completely (like Louise above). I connect the mount via an EQDirect cable. FLO do one for under £30 and it just works. Never had an issue.

John

Archived