NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Welford Observatory @ www.sanddune.info

Hi

I've just joined the SGL and have found it really useful. Some fantastic setups out there!

I've got a website with photo's of my setup at www.sanddune.info. I've just completed my new observatory (Welford Observatory v2.1) and it is working better than I expected. Hope you enjoy your visit!

Thanks

David

Hi David

A very nice set-up indeed, shown on a well 'laid out' web-site. Well done, and welcome to SGL.

BTW, what part of the country is Welford?

Dave

Thanks Dave - the observatory is named after our cat Welford who in turn was named after RAF Welford in Berkshire. The observatory is in Oxfordshire...LOL! Just a bit confusing....thanks for your comments.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting and simple looking Dome construction David.

I currently have a R.O.R observatory but for a while now have been toying with the idea of putting a dome in it.

When I originally built it, I built with the idea of being able to point as low as possible, but in practice I find I don't do this so a low dome like yours might be just the job :afro:

Cheers

Rob

Archived