Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light with TV 2.5 Nagler

allen g

Well I purchased the 2.5 nagler on Saturday and had a chance to use it last night in my TV NP-101. Wow, what an EP. I put it on Epsilon in Lyra and the split was magnificent. The contrast was excellent - the background coal black - all 4 stars were vividly seen better than ever - 4 perfect white circles. With 82 degrees can see all four close up at 216x. I also viewed the double star WZ Cassiopeia (one is a carbon) and that was also a beautiful sight as the carbon is red which looked terrific against the high contrast background. Wonderful first light with this EP.

Allen,

This is an eyepiece I have looked at a few time but have always been a little put off by the chance of problems from eye-floaters. This is not something I have ever really had a problem with on my 3mm Radian but maybe the extra .5mm is all it needs. I think though one day when I run out of other things to buy I will take the step.

Thanks for the nice report and I will keep this in the back of my mind for a later date.

Alan

Archived