NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First TV ep

milkyjoe

I bought my first tv eyepiece the other day, a 6mm radian. It's a bit different from my plossls I can say, pretty heavy too! Can't wait to use it on the moon and planets. :-)

I'm after a 17.3mm delos next for some wide-field views. I used the tv eyepiece finder tool from their website; pop in your scope details and it selects some eps for you, cool.

Is the higher the true field value the better the view will be as in more sky?

Congratulations - very nice eyepiece :smiley:

The true field of view (TFoV) is how much sky the eyepiece / scope combination will show. It's usually shown in degrees and the larger the figure, the wider patch of sky you can see, eg: 2 degrees of true field is twice as wide as 1 degree.

May I echo the congratulations on you 6mm Radian, it is an eyepiece I had and wish I had never sold. I still have the shorter ones and intend to keep them. If you are thinking of something in the 17mm area the 17mm Nagler has had some high praise of late on site, I have owned niether of these but all owners seem very happy, Nagler or Delos. The Nagler will give you a wide FOV which is bigger than to extra 10 degrees suggests.

Alan

Congratulations! Once you go green and black you never go back.  TV makes GREAT EPs.  I just added the 2.5 to my collection.  And, it was superb in splitting stars - used it for the first time the other night and never saw Epsilon in Lyra so beautifully.  Perfect set of double white circles.  And on WZ Cassiopeia, this carbon star was gorgeous  with the red again the high contrast pitch black background.  Everything TV makes is first-rate.

Archived