Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Not liking APT. Any better ones?

Spoon

Just to update, after a PM conversation with Yoddha I downloaded the correct ASCOM drivers for my SX camera after which APT now connects to my Trius 694.

Result! :grin:

Now waiting for clear enough skies to try it out.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK just to update, everything looks OK connects to PHD and the focus aid works.

Unfortunately we've such a short window of clear skies that I want to go with what I know tonight. Maybe Tue will give me a longer window. I think the problem is PHD which is a bit fragile, and liable to "not respond" at the slightest provocation, requiring a restart to clear.

I have never tried APT, I do not have any hardware that currently supports it. The only capture free ware software that I know is http://digicamcontrol.com/ and I know that there are people that are using it for astro photography as well. I prefer to use Maxim DL and that is the opposite of free ware, it has an V-curve autofocus feature that automatic focus my telescope or camera lens perfectly for me with just one click on the focus button :)

APT is definitely the one. Persevere. I used it for my DSLR and now use it for my 460EX with filter wheel. It's very comprehensive and all the features I need are there. I find that I use the same few functions out of the set most of the time and it has always been very reliable for me. Support is excellent from Ivo too. I've found nothing that comes close for the price.

Just my view.

Mark

Archived