NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eye Piece Adaptors

Hi all, today I received three BST eyepieces as a first upgrade to my 8 " Dob. I have been using my eyepieces in the 1.25 adaptor that sits in the 2 inch piece on the focuser. I also have a 2 inch extension tube about 6 CM long but not sure when I would use it. Any help would be gratefully received

It is not really a 2" extension tube, it is part of making the focuser a 2" one, ie replace the 1.25" one if you want to use a 2" ep (your PanaView).  I have a 2" - 1.25" adaptor that I fit in the 2" focuser to save swapping these around.  Sky Watcher are the only ones I think where you have to swap over the whole unit.

Thanks auspom. Are you saying that if I use my 2 inch panaview. I put the eye piece in the adaptor and then put the adaptor in the focuser,? and don't just put the eyepiece straight into the focuser although it has a  2inch aperture ?

As the other posters have said, you will need the 2" adapter to use a 2" eyepiece as the drawtube is a little larger than 2" fitting. Skywatcher are unique in this approach I think :rolleyes2:

Archived