A missed opportunity :(

Andrew INT

How blinking annoying... tried to image the ISS transitìng the moon tonight. Using a philips webcam and Sharpcap software, it all looked great on the laptop. The ISS passed right through the centre of the frame.

Unfortunately, the three minute file only holds three frames..with no ISS. I had the frame rate at 20fps, which I think should have only been set to 15fps. Im surprised that SO much data has been lost though. The file was about 4gb, with 3600 frames or so, replicated.

oh well, it looked good on the laptop even if I havent got anything to show for it...

Kind regards,

Andrew

After playing around with the webcam indoors, I finally found the problem. On my pre-set values for the moon, the Frame division setting was at 382. On all my other pre-sets, this it set at one. Not entirely sure what this setting does, but when it is set at one, it lets me capture at 60 frames/second without dropping any frames.

Archived