Glob M3

blinky

First attempt at this, 62X45sec subs 11 darks none of that flats/bias nonsense :nono: (Only 'cos I dont know how to :wink:)

Anyway all stacked in DSS and enchanced :) in Photoshop

4293_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I found it impossible to avoid burning out the core on this, even though on the subs and when it was unstretched it was not burnt out. Guess I have to keep working on my post imaging processing skills :wink:

Still very pleased with the result and only took me around 15mins or so to find it!

I thought I had the hang of curves but for some reason I cannot get any better than this. On looking again at the image I think the core, although not burned out is just a duller shade of white (This was taken with the ZS66 and 0.5Reducer) the reason being, i assume as it has not resolved any individual stars there.

I also forgot that the DSI captures a seperate Lum image so I am stacking that at the moment and will paste it into the orig as a Lum channel to see if any further improvements can be made.

Archived