Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bubble Nebula dslr

Quatermass

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am using EQMOD to control the mount but was never sure what setting the mount limits would do plus you have a load of wires hanging of your scope as normal and was scared it would suddenly go the other way the HEQ5 mount moves a lot faster then my old eq5 and tom carpenters astroeq control box.

Well worth setting mount limits to help avoid collisions. I think it just stops tracking when it reaches the limit. Check this tutorial on how to custom set the limits:

It's amazing how far past the default Meridian limit you can go - though you have obviously experimented with that already...!

Like the sound of Adnams Broadside. Remote control from the sofa is most definitely the way to go.

There are quite a few of us dslr imagers on here, I love my modded cannon 1000d even better now I have got a good guiding set up but thats not to say I wouldnt mind a nice shiny new Atik for christmas.

Just curious how you run your dslr. Time lapse mode? I just started to tinker a bit with thisand I feel like the mirror slap affects the shots so I want to put it in mirror up mode but then you can't do the time lapse

Just curious how you run your dslr. Time lapse mode? I just started to tinker a bit with thisand I feel like the mirror slap affects the shots so I want to put it in mirror up mode but then you can't do the time lapse

Depends on your brand of DSLR, my Canon 600D uses a cheap Remote from Amazon 5 minute subs, 20 second interval, never noticed any mirror slap but i think if i use liveview the mirror stay up all the time....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ramozz-intervalometer-remote-shutter-Camera/dp/B00C1C0WQC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1412246391&sr=8-3&keywords=canon+600d+remote

I run my camera via my laptop using the software Backyard EOS which controls the image run the focus and framing for me and does a great job. I have done a little bit of time lapse before as well but that is on a tripod with a hand held digital timer and I never use the mirror lock function. :smiley:

Well worth setting mount limits to help avoid collisions. I think it just stops tracking when it reaches the limit. Check this tutorial on how to custom set the limits:

It's amazing how far past the default Meridian limit you can go - though you have obviously experimented with that already...!

Like the sound of Adnams Broadside. Remote control from the sofa is most definitely the way to go.

Cheers for the link hopefully this will avoid me crashing into the tripod legs while I sleep on the sofa  :grin:

Nice work sir ...  :laugh:

Pretty sure there's more lurking in the background to be seen , I have no idea on how to drag it out though ...  :embarrassed:

If you need a little inspiration to keep on track adding data then check out today's APOD ...   :smiley:

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap141002.html

Wow that is an amazing image of the bubble I bet it took hours and hours of collecting data to get all that detail I am lucky to get 3 hours of cloud free imaging these days.

Depends on your brand of DSLR, my Canon 600D uses a cheap Remote from Amazon 5 minute subs, 20 second interval, never noticed any mirror slap but i think if i use liveview the mirror stay up all the time....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ramozz-intervalometer-remote-shutter-Camera/dp/B00C1C0WQC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1412246391&sr=8-3&keywords=canon+600d+remote

Ok thanks. I'll give it a try!

Archived