Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Scope Confusion

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the 150p EW3-2 and a picture shared on the selfie thread it is on page 5The thread is interesting to see the different kits.This is the member's thread who has just picked up the startravel here

Thanks so much for digging those out for me! That's so helpful and I really do appreciate it :)

The 150p is slightly heavier think it was a kilo but bigger (there is a German site that gives weights), the ST102 is slightly lighter than the 120mm if you can take the drop in apperature.

The EQ tripod is where the bigger weight is I guess.

I like searching and sharing things I read on this site that are relevant (IMBO) :)

And very grateful I am that you do! (Sounded a bit Yoda there didn't i!).

I've definitely settled on either the ST102 or 120 refractor, with the option of buying the Explorer 150 body for the same mount if I get on ok.

Like you say, I'll just have to think about the 4" or 5" difference. I'm in a small village near Ashby De La Zouch so light pollution isn't too bad...and we have that scheme in place here where the lights get turned off late to save energy so that's a bonus if you can brave the cold ;)

Huge thanks for all the help you've given me :)

And very grateful I am that you do! (Sounded a bit Yoda there didn't i!).

I've definitely settled on either the ST102 or 120 refractor, with the option of buying the Explorer 150 body for the same mount if I get on ok.

Like you say, I'll just have to think about the 4" or 5" difference. I'm in a small village near Ashby De La Zouch so light pollution isn't too bad...and we have that scheme in place here where the lights get turned off late to save energy so that's a bonus if you can brave the cold ;)

Huge thanks for all the help you've given me :)

Get used to braving the cold! Seems to be a requirement in the UK.

Archived