Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ-6 Pro Question.

barkis

My EQ 6 mount has been perched on It's pier in My Obs for months without moving.

Having installed it and polar aligned, cicumstances, including Laziness and Apathy, have  meant it hasn't budged an arc second.

I am now in the process of preparing to do some image runs, once the skies are suitable that is, and sometime after summertime ends.

My worry is, before I fire it up, is there anything I need to do prior, as it has been dormant for quite a while, and I think about the grease which is inside the mount.

I don't believe it will have settled into the base, but I don't know for sure.

Has anyone used a mount after an extended period of Idleness, and come across any problems at all?

By the way, nothing has been attached, no weights or scope. Even the weights bar was removed before dormancy.

Thanks.

Ron.

Let it "run free" with no weight at all (ie no scope etc) and, at medium speed, slew it about a bit.  Then try some fast slew over its full range.  That should stir up the grease!  (It won't have settled as it is far too sticky).  Any strange noises and stop to investigate!!

Archived