Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

astrotortilla index

beamer3.6m

I downloaded astrotortilla and got to the installation part where you put in the fov.

Having put in the correct figures it proceeded to download the indexes etc. It initially said total target download size was 3.16gb and it did this really quickly but it then continued to download despite 100% of the download target size having been achieved.

I eventually stopped the install and deleted all the indexes as it had downloaded over 25!

What did I do wrong.

I'd be inclined to say: Nothing.

AstroTortilla seems designed to drive people crazy. There is a HUGE tutorial linked on this site. This is supposed to make it easier! And then people say it doesn't work anyway. I am one of those who has removed it and found better and more user-friendly software to use. I wish you luck.

Clear Skies,

Dave

Did you use the correct units for the FOV? Mine was very quick then when it had done its first solve I checked the log for which index it used and got rid of the rest.

Solves in 17s now :)

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

Archived