Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

MS WorldWide Telescope

jgs001

John,

That is an interesting development. Big Brother even watching our astronomy habit.

The presentation was rather dark but you do get the idea, perhaps competing against Google.

I think this will find a use in education. I do hope it doesn't replace the bitter cold, the cloudy skies and the hunt.

John

I can't help think that one day I'll be looking through one of my ep's and an extremely irritating paper clip will appear and say:

"you look like your trying to observe a galaxy, would you like to.................."

Steve..

I can't help think that one day I'll be looking through one of my ep's and an extremely irritating paper clip will appear and say:

"you look like your trying to observe a galaxy, would you like to.................."

Steve..

:wink::) :) excellent!!

I think its ok but

does not replace actually seeing it for urself.

Then i am biased.

I can see educational establishments using it, but not much else really to be honest. Does not beat seeing the knight sky for oneself

It seems to be an over glorified planetarium really, If i were Starry Night, or Redshift Though, then i would indeed worry!

For those interested in the site itself, heres the link http://www.worldwidetelescope.org/

Archived