SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Arduino Dew Controller Feature Rich

brown_rb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The PC application was written using Visual Studio 2013, in C#. I had originally used Lazarus Free Pascal. Yes it does get details from the nano using a serial command protocol,thus is both read and write capability, can read data parameters but can also set data parameters.

Best wishes for your build

Robert

Hi Robert,

I am about to make your dew controller - thanks for the recent updates on sourceforge. I do have a question though about the schematic. The version I have is  my_dew_controller_v24_schem.jpg. This is actually for an Arduino Uno, rather than a Nano. Does this make any difference or are the pin numbers the same for the Uno and the Nano?

I am confused about the wiring for the 12 volt fan. The schematic shows this connected to the 5V rail. I would have thought it should be connected to the 12V supply?

Finally, the schematic shows the connection of the 12V supply to Pin 30 of Nano VIN upstream of the 10A10 diode. Should'nt this connection be after the diodein the same way as the circuit for your focusser?

Sorry to be a nuisance but I am not confident enough about my electronic abilities to go ahead without getting some clarifications.

Regards, Hugh

Hi Hugh

No difference really, only physical layout, Yes fan should be on the 12V rail, Yes re the VIN to the diode.

The layout board is for the nano.

The schematic unfortunately was wrong (for the Uno) and was never updated. But it has been now thanks to your keen eye!

So many files and projects, I must have overlooked it.

The board layout is correct though.

Thanks for pointing out the issues

Cheers

Robert

• 1 year later...

The Dew Controller has had a major makeover to v3, with an extra channel being added to the existing two.  In addition, the third channel can operate in different ways. Another option is the use of MOSFETs for switching (the option is a drop in replacement - remove and replace existing components). The HTU21 I2C sensor is also supported for very fast reads of Temp/Humidity. Code has been rewritten and now has very fast updates. As per normal, logging to file is a standard feature.

More details found at

https://sourceforge.net/projects/arduinonanodewcontrollerpro/

In terms of the focuser project, further updates have been made over the last 12 months. Beside the BlueTooth which has been a feature since Jul 2015 (and in use by a large number of users), the new ESP8266 Wifi board which was introduced in Feb 2016 (including webpage control of the focuser) has been significantly updated and moved to the latest myFocuserPro2 protocol. You can even use your existing myFocuserPro2 controller, and just build the Wifi part for around $10. OLED was added last month to complement LCD/TFT displays.

More details can be found at

https://sourceforge.net/projects/arduinoascomfocuserpro2diy/

Cheers

Robert

I have used Robert's code who I have to thanks for all the work for my dew controller but have modified it to run a TFT touch screen and include a Intervalometer for the camera plus voltage monitors for the Mount, Heaters and Auxiliary power plus other extras.  I had to move to a Mega2560 due to the code size (86%) and Serial bottlenecks with the Nano/Uno.  It's now at 10% on the Mega and can use one of the hardware Serial ports for the screen instead of the software one on the Nano.  I haven't yet enabled the Bluetooth code but that is to come

Mine is roughly described here

Archived