Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another eyepiece review, well update.

bomberbaz

Ok so I recently did mini reviews of the SW Nirvana 28mm ans SW UWA 22mm eyepieces. http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/224881-skywatcher-nirvana-28mm-eyepiece-first-light/  

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/224102-skywatcher-swa-22mm-eyepiece-review/

Last night the viewing conditions were superb so, with MPCC inserted into focuser ext tube I went on the look about for as many open clusters as i could in the limited time I had available (1.5 hours) looking at the double cluster, M39, Owl cluster etc and I can confirm my previous findings of the eyepieces.

First the Nirvana, clear right up to the very edges where it starts to coma a little just there. I mean my head was at an awkward angle and I was peering out towards the edge and it isn't the kind of thing I would normally do. The actual views overal were crisp and dark  (well as much as you would expect from my LP'd garden) and I am definately liking very much the eyecup arrangement that this eyepiece has, it does a very good job of keeping out extraneous light and feels quite comfortable when viewing through.

Next the Skywatcher UWA 22mm, I cannot say anymore than I previously said, this is an absolute gem of an eyepiece delivering high end performance to match anything I have previously seen at a very competitive mid range cost. It is comfortable to view through and is sharp and clear right to the very edge. I honestly don't know how they have managed to produce such a cracking eyepiece for the price they have. (BTW I am not on thier payroll, just telling you how I find it)  :grin:

I would point out my previous EP's covering this range were sold for various reasons that I didnt get on with but both had a large, flat eyecup arrangements. if I ever do decide to change any eyepieces, ones with that kind of arrangement will be avoided.

As for the two above, both are very definitely keepers and worth considering if you are in that market.

Steve

Archived