iPod app not requiring wifi?

I'm going to be doing quite a bit of travelling in the near future, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend an app for the iPod Touch (not the iPhone) that doesn't need to be connected to the internet to work. I want to be able to pick a constellation visible from where I am, be able to find it, and see if I can still find it each place I stop.

I believe SkySafari also works on the iPod Touch. Version 3 works on iOS 6, version 4 on iOS 7.

The basic version would be fine I think

EDIT not sure 4 works on iPod, 3 is definitely listed with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 'iPod Touch 3' cannot connect to wi-fi - even when it is placed next to or on top of my home router! :icon_scratch: (I have checked that wi-fi is enabled).

If I connect via the USB data cable to my PC/laptop/iBook, would I still be able to download apps to it?  :help: (my iPod Touch 3 is Windows firmware).

Apologies for hijacking the thread. :icon_clown:

My 'iPod Touch 3' cannot connect to wi-fi - even when it is placed next to or on top of my home router! :icon_scratch: (I have checked that wi-fi is enabled).

If I connect via the USB data cable to my PC/laptop/iBook, would I still be able to download apps to it?  :help: (my iPod Touch 3 is Windows firmware).

Apologies for hijacking the thread. :icon_clown:

Just download it via itunes and then sync the ipod touch to it.

Archived