Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SPC 900NC Amazon

ENWOD

I Advise you all to check out Amazon UK, Amazon are selling 'em for £30 inc postage... whilst another company are selling 'em for £25 inc postage. I've just bought one (got it for free with a voucher actually :smug: ) anywho, just a heads up to anyone who wants a cheap Astro cam... :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000BEY4DE/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1204367885&sr=8-1

I have a Logitech 4000, how do the 2 compare for planetary imaging and as a guiding cam?

Can the SPC do long exposure ?

From my (brief) experience with the Logitech I would say that the image from the SPC900 was slightly better. Although I don't do guiding, yet, as I understand it any old webcam will do (I wait to be corrected). The SPC can be modded for long exposure a darn sight easier than the Logitech.

HTH

Steve

Sounds an excellent offer. Where can you get a 1.25" adapter to allow you to use it with a scope and how easy is it to remove the lens?

Brinders

This website shows, amongst other things, how to remove the lens

http://home.zonnet.nl/m.m.j.meijer/D_I_Y/spc900nc.htm

And this is where I get my adapters, athough there are other places

http://moggadapters.com/astro/adapter.asp and the item you require is the W900NC-F

Steve

No worries all, did think it was a brilliant offer. And thanks for that site Parallax, are there any UK sites you can buy those adaptors from? Also apparently it is a very good astro imaging camera and is apparently it's easier to modify for long exposures, it's essentially an upgraded Toucam Pro 2. Anywho, hope you've taken advantage of that amazing offer :lol:

I shall be using mine as a planetary cam, until I can be bothered/gather the cajones to do the Long Exposure mod. :D

Nicely spotted Enwod ! :D

Site showing only one left in stock (Digistor - £25 inclusive of P&P)! Hurry if you want one!

Cheers

Bill£

P.S. - Word of caution though - In my experience Amazon don't seem to update stock levels very promptly and I have been caught out before (at Xmas) so they may already be out of stock?! Hope this is not the case and you all get your orders ok.

:wink: Thanks Steve, got confused and thought i'd searched but it turned out I hadn't 8)

And just thought I'd let everyone know, got mine in less than 24 hours... Ordered Friday Night and got well before 1pm the next day (quicker than if you'd ordered with their express delivery)

Overall i'm very impressed with this webcam, all I need to do now is mod it for LE and buy myself a 1.25" telescope adapter.

Anyone else got theirs yet?

Archived