Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

THREE CAMERA ARRAY PROJECT

shirva

hi folks,,been looking to do this for about a year,,with the weather being so poor and setting up my scope was taking a bit of time I decided I wanted a quick portable set up that gathered as much video as possible..

my idea was initialy a four camera array comprising of four box cameras with different focal length lens's..it is now a three camera array using of a Samsung scb200p with a 6-60 mm f1.6 lens a Samsung scd2080p dome camera and a phil dyer with a Honeywell 2.8-8mm les, these will be linked to a 4 channel cctv dvr 1.5tb hard drive,the Samsung cameras will be controlled by utc controllers...the dvr and my monitor is 12v dc and will be run from a 12v car battery..

post-15330-0-74751100-1410019758_thumb.j

post-15330-0-57157000-1410019799_thumb.j

post-15330-0-57015300-1410019847_thumb.j

hi micheal..easy answer = nope. never seen it done before and wondered what would you get..three different lens,s three different intregration times ? is it going to be a mish mash of info or blindingly brilliant no idea but im intrested in finding out..

if I direct all cameras to the one area of sky and let it record I hope it's going to give an insight to how the cameras compare in capturing photons :)..

and if it is rubbish then stage two kicks in..i kit out the cameras with similar lens's and try and combine the data gathered...mini dragonfly array with cctv cams...mental I know :)

update..i got a monitor for £2 last weekend 12v dc no power adapter from local 2nd hand games / tech shop (cex),different femal power socket from standard cctv one,,chopped it off and fitted a cctv compatible female connector and tested out no probs..ordered 2nd utc controller for Samsung camera's,,only got the power adapter cable to make to power three cameras..cctv dvr and 15" monitor..shotgun cables on order,should have Tuesday I think..then good to start testing weather permitting.

update. .power supply cabling made and initial test looks promising .few tweaks and will be ready for a portable test..all working from 12v dc..three cams. .cctv dvr and monitor. .view from my flat on moon using two box cams was nice..different focal ranges..conclusion think it will work well as a portable array..davy

Archived