Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ6 Polarscope LED brightness

strutsinaction

Hi

I have an Avalon Linear Fast Reverse mount which uses a EQ6 controller/handset. Even with the Polarscope LED brightness set to 100% the LED is very dim making it very difficult see the reticle when polar aligning. So, is this also typical of the latest EQ6 mounts?

I tried resetting the handcontroller to factory defaults but that didn't make any difference.

I also tried using EQDimmer but that failed to work. No errors were reported by EQDimmer (and the eqmod.ini file was updated correctly) but changing the level didn't have any effect on the LED. EQMOD wasn't running and I power cycled the mount after changing the level, as indicated on another EQDimmer thread.

My solution so far has been to shine a small LED torch near the Polarscope opening but that's a pain - not enough hands!

Regards

John

Hi

I have an Avalon Linear Fast Reverse mount which uses a EQ6 controller/handset. Even with the Polarscope LED brightness set to 100% the LED is very dim making it very difficult see the reticle when polar aligning. So, is this also typical of the latest EQ6 mounts?

I tried resetting the handcontroller to factory defaults but that didn't make any difference.

I also tried using EQDimmer but that failed to work. No errors were reported by EQDimmer (and the eqmod.ini file was updated correctly) but changing the level didn't have any effect on the LED. EQMOD wasn't running and I power cycled the mount after changing the level, as indicated on another EQDimmer thread.

My solution so far has been to shine a small LED torch near the Polarscope opening but that's a pain - not enough hands!

Regards

John

Oh dear. On a mount of this quality it's not acceptable. Have you checked with the dealer. Iwas thinking of getting this mount as an upgrade. Are you happy with it otherwise?

I had another attempt at using the polarscope last night and now have 2 solutions to 'fix' the dim LED issue I thought I had:

1. Polar align in the twilight. Now my preferred option.

2. Make sure my eyes are fully dark adapted before polar aligning in the dark i.e. if using the EQMOD polar align utility make sure the laptop screen is dimmed and CdC is set to 'night time mode'  :smiley:

Both worked fine for me!

Regards

John

Archived