NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Got chance of a Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5 GOTO for £400

MeSeany

i would agree that the Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5 GOTO for £400, if in good condition is an excellent deal getting on for half the price new.

as for the neximage 1mp for £109 it is a bit expensive in my opinion, its quite old and has a CMOS sensor that is the same as the old SPC900 webcams. there is a neximage on astro buy and sell for £35 (cheaper than the average 2nd hand SPC900)  http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=86031 if you want to have a dabble at planetary imaging would be better value.

you could spend the money you have saved on a decent quality barlow lens, which will be needed with your 200p to get a good image scale with a webcam.

i would agree that the Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5 GOTO for £400, if in good condition is an excellent deal getting on for half the price new.

as for the neximage 1mp for £109 it is a bit expensive in my opinion, its quite old and has a CMOS sensor that is the same as the old SPC900 webcams. there is a neximage on astro buy and sell for £35 (cheaper than the average 2nd hand SPC900)  http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=86031 if you want to have a dabble at planetary imaging would be better value.

you could spend the money you have saved on a decent quality barlow lens, which will be needed with your 200p to get a good image scale with a webcam.

apparently the package comes with a barlow :)

Archived