Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrozap dew shield for SW 130-pds

hi, ive decided to just buy one, im not enjoying making one so much prefer just to get one of the astrozaps lol, i got a camping mat last week for £10, velcro cost £4.99, by the time i buy the felt and glue if would just be cheaper to buy a professional one lol, all i need to know now tho is which one of these will fit the SW130-pds, just like to hear from someone that has ordered one for the 130-pds to make sure it fits, i did msg FLO yesterday but no reply yet and just want to get it ordered :)

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/dew-prevention/astrozap-flexible-dew-shield.html

thanks in advance

Very unusual for FLO not to get back, they don't always answer the same day but they should get back to you after the w/end.

yes i know ill more then likely get a reply back monday, just wanted some 1st hand experience, my gut tells me to order the 5" Celestron 5SE (notched) but maybe another size fits the 130-pds better?

yes i know ill more then likely get a reply back monday, just wanted some 1st hand experience, my gut tells me to order the 5" Celestron 5SE (notched) but maybe another size fits the 130-pds better?

Hi, you are more than probably right, I got the Celestron equivalent (notched) for my 200P and it fits perfectly, bought on UK AB&S.

EDIT: PS: There's a bit of flexibility in that the velcro is quite wide comparatively so this makes it fit perfectly when you want it to.

Hi, you are more than probably right, I got the Celestron equivalent (notched) for my 200P and it fits perfectly, bought on UK AB&S.

EDIT: PS: There's a bit of flexibility in that the velcro is quite wide comparatively so this makes it fit perfectly when you want it to.

sounds excellent! ill hopefully be able to beat back this dew for the new moon coming up :D

The sw 127mak has a diameter of 14.8mm & the dew shield recommend by FLO is a bit large, there's a bit of a overlap but still holds steady. It's designed to be fitted to scopes with a circumference of ~49cm, but I would wait for FLO to get back to you.

Is it normal to fit a dew shield to a newtonian  ??

Would have thought that the OTA tube did the job of a dew shield.

If so then is this why none of the Astrozap dew shields that the link is to are for newtonians, I see they are all for Maks and SCT's.

Is it normal to fit a dew shield to a newtonian ??

If so then is this why none of the Astrozap dew shields that the link is to are for newtonians, I see they are all for Maks and SCT's.

They help to prevent stray light & dewing on the secondary.

Is it normal to fit a dew shield to a newtonian  ??

the OTA does act as a dew shield on a newt for the primary mirror, never had any dew on the primary, its just the secondary mirror that dew's up where its at the open end of the OTA. a few weeks ago i only managed an hour of 600sec subs before my secondary dewed up and that was me done for the night when i was planning on getting 4-5 hours of subs :(

• 4 weeks later...

Archived