A Forgotten Dumbbell HaRGB

wuthton

With the arrival of some narrowband filters at Casa Del Wuthton and the Veil/Wizard/Elephant calling I dropped the hatchet on an unfinished M27. I've just done a quick process this evening and decided I must finish it off.

Any recommendations on how to squeeze something from the outer shell would be greatly appreciated.

16 x 600s Ha

3 x 420s of each RGB

post-11453-0-21408100-1407948607_thumb.p

Very nice.

I have heard that you really ramp up the sub length for the outer regions, I think it was Tim (here on SGL) that was taking 60m subs to get the outer regions...

Ant

Yes, I'm thinking of trying a few test subs. Something along the lines of:

20m UV/IR

30m UV/IR, I haven't tried anything over 20m.

30m Ha

1hr Ha for kicks and giggles.

Superb - I love the outer regions you've managed to capture and the colours in the stars.

Many thanks for the kind comments.

The Ha will show the serrated edge of the outer area of the halo of the nebula. The OIII will bring out the rest of the halo. You can combine these and use them as a false luminance. Alternatively, you can blend the Ha in to red and the OIII in to green if you also shoot RGB. 30 minute subs seem a bit much, I recently did 20 minute exposures at F7.7 and all of the outer halo showed well or at least as well as possible from my crappy skies!!

JB

Archived