NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Solar observing keeping me fit

spaceboy

Up, down, up, down, up, down, in, out, in, out all day long trying to catch a glimpse of the sun between clouds :icon_bounce:

Manage probably 30-40 minutes of observing and 3hr's of running a flight of stairs back and forth trying to get outside to catch breaks in cloud. Was able to pick out a couple new details so hopefully I will have a better day tomorrow to see how those details have matured. Have to say I kinda regret getting hooked on solar observing as now my frustrations with the weather is a 24hr thing now :rolleyes:

In my case the little LS35 does not add up to much, although the tripod I have at work is a hefty Berlebach affair, with my home-brew alt-az mount on top. I do use the elevator however. Not only am I on the 5th floor, but the stairways in our building are not airconditioned, and in summer they turn into a furnace.

Archived