Synscan firmware updating

Hi guys i downloaded the firmware updtae and loader  for synscanEQ, i start the loader and then load the firmware i press update and get an error meassage that reads Open File Error.

Everything is plugged in fine and i am going through a serial port (tried many different ports same outcome.

Anyone had the same? anyone have any ideas? and is it worth the updates?

thanks 

regards 

Jim

Hi Jim, I had similar issues when I tried to update mine, a few months ago.

What I found was for me it was all down to the cable, I don't have any serial ports on my computer, so had to find a USB/serial cable. Did buy one that was cheaper, but it's the old saying 'you get what you pay for', the cheap one didn't work.

I then bought this one

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=191114332417

And everything loaded fine, it found the handset ,and loaded the file.

Hope this helps. :)

i believe my version at present is 1.7 , yes i am to try the serial to usb method later today, see if that works.

That can't be correct, that is probably the handset's uploader version which is displayed when you put the handset into update mode (press 0 & 8)  Power up the handset and the Synscan firmware version number is displayed on start-up.

That can't be correct, that is probably the handset's uploader version which is displayed when you put the handset into update mode (press 0 & 8)  Power up the handset and the Synscan firmware version number is displayed on start-up.

My Handset shows Ver. 1.7 when the 0 and 8 key are held down and then power turned on, its the handset upgrade Ver. the Firmware in mine was 3.0 its now 3.35 

My Handset shows Ver. 1.7 when the 0 and 8 key are held down and then power turned on, its the handset upgrade Ver. the Firmware in mine was 3.0 its now 3.35 

3.35 is the latest Synscan firmware revision. 1.7 is the uploader firmware version number, this one is a non update-able internal firmware.

Good news i found the problem with the Open File Error,

What i did was i unzipped the .ssf file to my 2nd HardDrive and bingo updated with no trouble.

Now im on Firmware 3.35 and data Base 2.28

Thanks guys

Thanks for this thread. I had a problem updating mine some time ago and was told it was the cable. I failed miserably so sent it to an SGLer who did it for me. I'll keep this in favourites for the links for future updates!

Alexxx

Archived