Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik 16HRC

I've got the chance of buying a secondhand Atik 16HRC at a fair price. Does anyone know how good or bad this one shot colour CCD is?.

I know many users who speak highly of the 16HR mono. Doesn't the 16HRC have the same chip as the StarlightXpress SXVF H9C?. I seem to remember I've seen some decent images with the H9C

Comments welcomed.

MD

• 12 years later...
On 05/02/2021 at 16:28, paulibbitson said:

I know this is an ultra old thread but how did you get on with this camera moondog?

This is a record for a zombie thread. Moon did last visited the site over a decade ago so I don't like your chances of a reply. 

I would not be aspiring to own this camera in 2021. 

6 minutes ago, Adam J said:

This is a record for a zombie thread. Moon did last visited the site over a decade ago so I don't like your chances of a reply. 

I would not be aspiring to own this camera in 2021. 

Old camera or not the 16hr are still around,  I know someone that's either just sold one or is still selling one.. for the price is rather this to dip your toe in than  DSLR 

Are you buying? Are you supplying any relevant content?  Can't see what your point is then

1 minute ago, newbie alert said:

Old camera or not the 16hr are still around,  I know someone that's either just sold one or is still selling one.. for the price is rather this to dip your toe in than  DSLR 

Are you buying? Are you supplying any relevant content?  Can't see what your point is then

Depends on the price really and you have to consider the limited FOV of the sensor and lack of set point cooling. If we where discussing the mono version I would say you are correct but I think that in the case of the OSC there are some more modern DSLRs that will actually out perform it by quite a margin. Even some older ones will. But it all depends on the price. I personally would not pay more than £250 if I was buying one. 

On 07/02/2021 at 13:23, Adam J said:

Depends on the price really and you have to consider the limited FOV of the sensor and lack of set point cooling. If we where discussing the mono version I would say you are correct but I think that in the case of the OSC there are some more modern DSLRs that will actually out perform it by quite a margin. Even some older ones will. But it all depends on the price. I personally would not pay more than £250 if I was 

No older or new DSLR will have any sort of cooling, yes the 16 doesn't have setpoint cooling but will cool at 25 degrees below ambient,  if you want setpoint you have to go up to the 314 but expect to pay double what the 16 ...

I'd assume the vendor has done a bit of research as he asked on that specific camera

Great camera to dip your toe before commiting to something far more expensive..