Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dual purpose mount

solo

Hi guys,

I wanted to convert my Skywatcher 8" DOB so that I could put it onto an equatorial mount but quickly put it back into dob mode. I started by removing the altitude bearings from the tube assembly and fitted them to a wooden clamshell assembly so that the whole thing fitted onto the original bearings on the azimuth mount. It was then just a case of removing the tube assembly from the clamshell and fitting it onto

4026_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

4025_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

my eqautorial mount. The pictures tell the story.

Cheers John.

I made it from solid oak. It's pretty stable and light to move around. I used the steel tripod which came with the mount for an altaz mount which I made for my ST80.It's also made from oak. ( guess what my favourite wood is :D )

Here's another picture.

4034_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Cheers John.

Err Teak?

Only joking I know its what you get from a Beech, Driftwood? No I will take one more wild stab err Mahogany? Rosewood? Lime? Ebony?

No you have me beat can you give us a clue at all like you can make a tray with it? Answer = Ash of course (I heard about that one when I lived in Oakfields Road. :D :wave:

BTW you have made a good job there well done :lol:

Archived