Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some older images....meade DSI pro2

RobH

Here are a few images from last year taken with a DSI Pro 2 which self destructed in November!

The Blue Snowball won the Meade DSI yahoo group November monthly challenge and M33 came a close 3rd in the October one, missing second by a vote!

M57 was a bit of a processing challenge as I could see that I'd caught a very faint outer halo in Ha, but bringing it out was something of a learning curve :D

Cheers

Rob

I am encouraged by the quality of your Images Rob. The Snowball is wonderful, but the other two are exceptionally good too. I particularly like the Ring Nebula, very nice indeed.

I say encouraged, because I have a DSI but not used it as yet, but now my urge to sell it on has receded on seeing these pics.

I edited this in order to be more respectful of your post. I jumped in with an immediate question on DSI cameras, which I apologize for.

I will place my question in the appropriate place.

Best Wishes.

Ron. :D

Rob, they are very images - M33 is stunning with quite a bit of detail in the outer spiral arms. The colour in the ring nebula is brilliant! and I see why you won the monthly competition with the snowball.

Thankyou guys,

The DSI pro 2 is a great camera, especially at the price, and now the DSI III is out there are bargains to be had.

I stuck a peltier cooler on mine to keep the chip temperature constant, as you need to be really careful matching your darks to lights with the DSI's.

I hope to get the camera, or a replacement, back from Meade in the not too distant future and will certainly use it again...I found that because you need to be pretty thorough using these cameras, it was a great way to learn....they can be pretty unforgiving!

Cheers

Rob

Archived