Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Travel telescope

Just a quick follow up question.

I usually use my Lowpro fastpack backpack as my hand luggage. This is adequate for my dslr, lenses, drink, food etc. It's not going to take the ST80. So what are you guys using that has a large enough internal capacity for a dslr and short tube telescope or do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks

Paul

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, I used a standard carry on cabin bag that the likes of Ryanair and easy jet (other airlines are available) allow you to take.. I've linked in the easy jet allowance web page for reference..

http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/cabin-baggage

I packed most of my cloths for a week around the scope to keep it safe, and put the tripod in a small suitcase (next size up) with the GF's bits, bats and the kitchen sink she deemed necessary to take with her and not use... :grin:

ta

Fozzie

A normal small rucksack. The dew shield does come off though I guess it protects the lens

Camera bag in suitcase have soft bag for camera in rucksack a soft bag for lens. Eyepeices as not rare or expensive in suitcase.

• 3 weeks later...

Morning, I used a standard carry on cabin bag that the likes of Ryanair and easy jet (other airlines are available) allow you to take.. I've linked in the easy jet allowance web page for reference..

http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/cabin-baggage

I packed most of my cloths for a week around the scope to keep it safe, and put the tripod in a small suitcase (next size up) with the GF's bits, bats and the kitchen sink she deemed necessary to take with her and not use... :grin:

ta

Fozzie

+1 on that

I would protect the scope with a couple of layers of bubble wrap before though.

Archived