Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 Dumbbell Nebula

Ahh - video. Never thought of that. I cant help but think there must be some market for a "video EP" or similar which just enhances the image by doing a short stack - or something, for those who want to see DSOs but arent bothered about photography. How many times has somebody said, having seen one of your photos, "but it doesnt look like that in my scope"?

I've just picked up a QHY5L-II for guiding and I seem to recall the image/viewing software had a feature on it where it would do exactly that. Take the video image, stack a few of the frames and re-display.

Pretty sure I didn't dream it but can't remember the name of the software.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like a very nice dumbell to me.  good shape to the stars, so your guiding looks pretty good, the coma corrector would definitely help though. all in all nicely very done!         

i try to save all my images as PNG's they are they are much smaller, lossless and you are able to post the image directly on here.

Archived